Professional Practices and Responsibilities (PPR course)
The Rya have now brought out a new course for students that are applying for a new Commercial Endorsement and also for people that are revalidating their Commercial Endorsement.
Its a compulsory online course.
The course is broken down into four modules:
- Commercial environment – showing how you fit into the professional maritime world.
- People – explaining the importance of correct manning, keeping your skills up to date and the safe management of commercial vessels.
- Vessel – teaching about the compulsory carriage and maintenance of safety equipment and how to create and implement risk control and operating procedures.
- Purpose – making sure your vessel is suitable and legal for the work you are carrying out, your obligations in protecting the environment, appropriate planning and situational awareness.
After you have done the online course there is a mock assessment so you can check you are ready before moving on to the final graded online assessment.
The course should take you about 6 to 8 hours to do the four course modules.
The graded end of course assessment is split into two sections, totaling 2½ hours.
Palma Sea School will register you online once a payment of 50€ has been made.
We then email you a log in and password, with a link to the RYA interactive website.
Please follow the instructions on the website. We at Palma Sea School will be on hand to answer any questions and give you any help that we can.
Exemptions from this course:
If you hold an MCA Deck Officer's Certificate of Competence as Officer of the Watch, Master 200, Master 500 or above you do not need to take the PPR course. Please send a copy of your MCA certificate with your application or renewal form for your commercial endorsement.
- The dates for the course are arranged around your availability.