The RYA Yachtmaster Coastal motor Certificate of Competence is often the ultimate aim of aspiring skippers. It is a well known, highly respected qualification worldwide, proving your experience and competence as a skipper. The RYA Yachtmaster Coastal motor Certificate of Competence can used commercially in its own right. It is also a pre-requisite for the MCA’s Officer of the Watch qualification, which enables you to work worldwide on vessels of up to 3000gt
International regulations for preventing collisions at sea, safety, boat handling, general seamanship, responsibilities of skipper, navigation, meteorology, signals and much more
Pre-course experience / requirements
- 30 days at sea on vessels less than 24m LOA, 2 days acting as skipper on vessels less than 24m LOA, 800 miles, 12 night hours.
- At least half the qualifying sea time must be conducted in tidal waters.
- All qualifying sea time must be within 10 years prior to the exam.
- Navigation to the standard of the Yachtmaster Coastal/Yachtmaster shorebased course.
- VHF Certificate and a Valid First Aid certificate (to be eligible to take the exam)
- For Commercial endorsement you will also require a Sea Survival certificate and a ENG1 Medical