INFORMATION ONLY, We DO NOT do ENG1 medicals at the school)
In Mallorca there are 2 medical centres providing the ENG1 Medical. Please contact them directly. We do not do medicals at the school.
Landline: +34 971 703 391
Landline: +34 971 683 511
Mobile: +34 650 249 952
You need an ENG 1 certificate if you’re any of the following:
- a seafarer
- in charge of a ship
- serving on a merchant ship or yacht
The fee for an ENG 1 medical examination in Palma is approximately 170€.
How to apply
An ENG 1 certificate must be issued by a doctor approved by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA).
Find your nearest approved doctor in the UK or abroad by using the links below:
Companies can find company-approved doctors approved to carry out ENG 1 medical examinations for specific shipping companies.
Approved doctor lists are updated monthly.
Bring the following to your examination:
- Photo ID, for example a passport.
- Our previous medical certificate if you have one.
- Your local doctor’s name, address and contact details
- Any medication you’re taking.
- Your glasses or contact lenses but not colour correction lenses.
The doctor will give you an ENG 1 certificate on the day if you pass the examination.
Some seafarer medical certificates from other countries are accepted instead of an ENG 1 form.